Monday, May 22, 2006

A Decision....Sort Of

Well the news finally arrived from MU and I was accepted! That makes three PhD programs that are expecting me this Fall and, let's count, only one that's offered any kind of assistance (a whopping, hold your hats, $1,000 from SLU). The MU program is what I'd prefer to do - closer to people here, in my Master's field so will take less time, has more job opportunities later, etc. However, something about a part of the office being moved out of state (yeah, I don't understand) meant no assistantships for new students - thanks oodles. So, I'm in the process of trying to find any kind of assistantship on campus that could cover tuition expenses, which is sort of hitting dead ends at the moment, so cross those fingers or say a little prayer for me (your preference). ;)
In other news, Ashland (my old job) really wants me to come back to that position. Flattering, completely, good idea, I don't know. The school is so mold infested I'm sick all the time and how on earth does one take on that kind of load again AND work on their PhD? I barely did the first. But, I love those kiddos and they're willing to work around my possible college schedule somehow so we'll talk options at least.
So there is the big news...I still don't know what I'm doing. Surprise, eh, not really. Just more researching, emailing, talking, and waiting. Seems to be the way of things when you want to make a change of some sort that involves money.

No comments: