Sunday, July 02, 2006

Wowsers, a Month, woops!

So yeah, we all know by now I am not exactly timely with the blogging or email responding...time to get over it. What's taken up my time you ask? Well, figuring out how to become an academic again has been a part of it. :) I've been reading up on textbooks I'll be using to help TA two different pre-service teacher classes. One helping them write resumes, philosophy statements, etc. and the other discussing multiculturalism in the classroom and yes, you will see gender & racial bias even in the teaching world, sorry to burst that bubble.

Oh yeah, also been becoming an amateur antique junkie preparing for a garage sale for my family. But whatever does one do with the knowledge that Beleek china from Ireland is worth 3 times more than a simple Crown Staffordshire or Royal Albert teacup? Really? Although, we did find out my father's obsession for keeping random antiques every now and again finds one that's actually worth something. We have this wooden bucket, yes, a wooden bucket, that turns out to be a 19th century flour bucket worth, hold onto your hats, $360. It's a bucket...of wood. But the garage salers had fun asking what things were. :)

Speaking of which, each of these trucks you see in the background, believe it or not they're worth between $75 and $350 a piece. Go figure.













Went to another wedding, surprise surprise. It was fun, though! Paul was in the wedding and wonderful Kim let us crash at her condo, which was so much more fun than the hotel! We even got to shop for material to make a Wendy costume for her for Halloween (boy that girl has faith in my sewing abilities). So here's a pic of Paulie and me at the wedding, we somehow can only take goofie pictures, as well as my favorite picture of the wedding party. How fun?! Oh yeah, and I made the skirt. I couldn't figure out something to wear so I decided to make something a few days before the wedding. Love it or hate it I'm proud of it. ;)


So there you are, a little update if you will. Just random 'it's summer' tidbits, enjoying my last couple of months without a job. Oh yeah, and I get to see the chiropractor a couple times a week now cuz sadly Chrissy got rear-ended and I was in the car with her and got a whiplash. Chrissy possibly cured her migraines though! (Keep fingers crossed.) Yeah for insurance! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather Mosley! You are in TROUBLE! You haven't posted since JULY!

For SHAME!

Anonymous said...

I search Sara Miller, please give me her icq or email
Thanks all