Monday, April 17, 2006

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Now we all know I have no idea what my near future is bringing until I hear about $$ from colleges. So, MU said I'd know by the first of April...ha! Now I should know by next week - sigh. (SLU has long since put me in hold, by the way.) In the meantime, MU wants to interview me for an Academic Advisor position in the Dept. of Ed. Okay, why not, is my feeling. But here's the kicker - I'm being interviewed by one of my former student's mothers! Doh! Now how do you play up your best traits to someone who knows when you're full of it? Talk about an interesting interview...I'm hoping for a call on Wed. saying I have funding so I can cancel the interview for the next day. Well a girl can hope. :)

As for Easter, an Easter without small children makes for a unique Mosley experience where the older kids (17-28) have to find Easter eggs with clues in them inspired by my mother's most recently read book, the Divinci Code. Lol..well when my parents finally stopped laughing turnabout was fair play and we gave them harder clues, yeah! Paul had to admit he'd never been involved in the parental egg hunt, but it was amusing to say the least.

Oh, oh, oh, and I saw the officially neatest male living establishment I've ever been in! Yeah for Patty & Darrick! Their new house defies the standard that men are slobs, it's neater than my old apartment! Really messes with the old image of the boys' house where the deck fell off, stair rails were missing, a doorframe or two was busted, random stains littered the carpet, and walls had unknown substances about. Yeah for clean boys - you could teach some more a lesson or two!

Well, back to waiting, sewing a poodle skirt, and figuring out how to interview with someone you know. Never dull I tell you, never dull. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm putting a call in to SLU. I'm gonna be all, "Listen here, I gots a second bedroom that needs a little H. Let's make it happen."